View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Tropical

Originally Posted by rebeccai
Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a very Happy New Year! I just want to say that I have enjoyed looking at all of the beautiful quilts, reading up on quilting advice, and just reading and browsing the board. BUT now our winter break from school is over and I will be heading back to the classroom on Tuesday. I am a 4th grade teacher and have to return to my wonderful children who I truly miss. Hopefully I will find time to stop by and visit with all of you. Most of all I hope I get a chance to begin some of my quilting projects soon!!! Everyone here from the beginner to the veteran quilter has been a true inspiration.
You might want to share your love of quilting with your students for arts and crafts. My students always enjoyed sewing, especially when I convinced the principal that a sewing machine was a must as a part of my curriculum. I used the sewing lessons to help them make things that enriched their geography and social studies lessons. Their parents were happy that I was teaching them something so useful that was beyond the regular classes.