View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 AM
BenLinz

Hiya!!!

well I have floated about these forums for a few days and decided to introduce myself as I have a conundrum that im hoping someone here can help with....

Im a competent stitcher who avoided quilts for many years. Finally decided to give them a go.

So I used a bunch of old jeans and made a great snuggle lap quilt (rail blocks quilted in the ditch) and then tried a single size "stretched stars" quilt (was still finishing off the FMQ at 10:30pm on christmas eve!) for hubby's christmas. They turned out great, and now I am officially hooked.

So my next project is using "tumbling blocks" as a central feature on a single size bed quilt. I want to use the blocks to form a diamond-ish shape in the centre of the quilt on a plain cream background.

So now for my conundrum. Do I want to patch in the diamond? or applique it? If I applique it, what is the best method to use?

Hmm. have just realised this is an intro thread and I havent really told you much about me....
im female, twenty-mumblemumble years old, married and I teach science at a local high school, I have no kids, 4 cats and I will try any kind of craft... except quilling... because I get paper cuts.