Thread: New sewing room
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM
doowopddbop
Banned

My sewing room is actually the master bedroom. When we moved into this home which is about half the size of the last one, I had planned to put the longam machine in the parlor and turn that into the sewing room, but my dear husband suggested that I use the master suite, right off the front door, bay window, nice lighting, etc. He then proceeded to cut a doorway through the master bath closet into the den which we use for our bedroom. It works out beautifully. There's enough room for a king size bed and a night stand on one side, with a little path on the other side of the bed. With a door cut through from the master bath, we don't have to walk through the living room/hall/sewing room to get to the bathroom from our den/bedroom. And I have all the space I need for the longarm, with bins of quilts underneath, two sewing machines set up at all times, my cutting table, which is an old repainted army desk, a desk for the computer/printer, a shelf with slots for all my papers/quilt books, and a bookcase for all my shoebins of fabric and projects. Most everything is contained in this room except for the rolls of batting in the master tub, and several bins of yardage on shelves in the garage. If not for my husband's suggestion, I may have taken over the remainder of the house with all my sewing/quilting stuff...