View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 AM
mountain deb

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I HATE it when I park the van with my DHs wheelchair in the back in one of those long parking spaces and someone parks right up to my bumper in the no parking lines behind the van. I can't get the W/C out or in the van. It is so inconsiderate down right illegal!

I did complain to the security cop at Walmart and he went out and looked at it and did NOTHING!! I have had to wait for that person to come out and move their vehicle to get my DH's W/C in the van.

Walmart's parking lot is not public property so the cops can't do anything about it unless there is an accident. That is what the security guy told me. I was so upset!!

I try to not park in them anymore because it just upsets me so much not to be able to get in and out of the van. I wouldn't be quite so upset if they at least leave room to open my tail gate and have enough space to move the W/C but no they park right up to within a couple of feet of the end of the van in a no parking space where there are clearly lines!! I so wish they would get ticketed and or towed!! I don't care if that person is handicapped or not. They are still being inconsiderate and illegal!!
Sounds like Wal Mart is not enforcing their HC accessability or they do not care except for the bottom line. $$$