View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
omak

Big TIP!
Example: Before I started on anything else, I had two pairs of pants I needed to hem for one of my veterans. I have had them in my possession for ten days or more, and have just kept putting it off. Finally! On Saturday, I came up with a plan. I had a couple of boxes I had to go through just to get to the pants, finding a place for everything ... which I did.
Sunday morning, I knew I could not face that man one more time without his pants in hand, task completed. So, I got them out and ....
I had ALREADY hemmed them (about six months ago!) He had never even tried them on, and here he was bringing me two more pairs - - of course, when I apologized for making him wait so long for something that didn't need to be done in the first place - - he informed me that he must have grabbed the wrong pants. Oh, well - - I will be at the Post all day tomorrow, so he will bring them in in the morning and I will have them done the same day.
The TIP???
That job you have been procrastinating in - - every day you put off actually doing it, the job will grow in your mind until you are paralyzed, angry at yourself, and more reluctant to pick it up.
This has happened to me numerous times, and one would think I would learn! Perhaps by sharing my BIG TIP - - I will have saved someone else from their overactive imaginations and convince myself that I need to practice what I preach <g> <wave> I am now going to do a bit of organizing on my peg board and cut some triangles for my Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt ... the rest of the day I will be working the coupon program, and when that is done, I will begin sewing part 4 or 5 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt (and, try to figure out where I put the strip quilt kit and sashing for Workday at the Post tomorrow) ... hopefully, I have enough tasks lined out today to keep me busy until nightfall <wave>