Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by cmworrall
I tend to criticize myself alot regarding my quilting/sewing skills and I've noticed several others on this board do the same thing. Well not anymore! I was reading a national quilting magazine the other day and noticed that the quilting was really off on one. Part of it was a 9 patch and it was quilted with "X's" in the squares and they were not straight by a LONG SHOT! Now PLEASE know that I don't mean any disrespect or offense to anyone. But I just thought to myself, here I am beating myself up because I can't get something totally perfect and here is a quilt in a national magazine that isn't perfect either. Now maybe it was supposed to be that way for the "charm" of it, but my resolution this year is to just do my best and have fun with my quilting and not beat myself up anymore! :)
This very same thing happened to me... I was forever saying to myself,Your points are off,rip it out,My STID is not in the ditch ETC. Well one day I got a National Mag. like you, on the front cover was a beautiful quilt that was quilted STID. You could actually see where it was off..Not the outline like 1/4 inch from the iron open seam allowance but on a iron to the side for STID. I don't worry over it like I did because of this.. Makes you Wonder doesn't it!! BilsBonBon