View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Steve

Well OK, I’ve got the appliqué on and basting out, ready for the third basting and quilting. Yikes! The appliqué looks a bit funky, but I trust you Leslee when you said the quilting would hide many of the imperfections. The slipstitch slowly improved as I made my way around, the last leaf looked pretty darn good; the stitching is so tiny though, you’d think elves were involved. I suppose that’s a good thing and I hope working corners on such a small piece will ready me for larger projects. The one site mentioned going to larger works would seem easy after such a venture; coolest of beans says I.

I’m not sure weather or not to start cutting up flowers for the larger quilt is in order just yet. I figure to draft out the design. I’ve also got in mind and maybe do some paper cuttings since I’ll probably cut at least twenty to get the six I need. Will make them around three times larger than the one I just finished. If I lay them all out with the cloth to decide, which gets what color, and then take them in the order of difficulty to appliqué, that should help too. I’m really excited about this project.

Last night I had a dream about an elderly Hawaiian man, tanned and weathered, cutting out fabric. It was all pinned and he had some kind of hooked knife, thick and sharp pushing it through the many layers into a design. Such a strange thing to watch as it was unfolded into an amazing flower. He grinned at me and I awoke. Please tell me they never used knives to cut these puppies out. I image the dream food induced from the ham dinner and pineapple cheesecake. Aloha Oi.