Old 01-03-2011, 11:27 AM
CraftyGardenMom

Sad day when you have to 'fess up' to your husband about how much fabric you REALLY have and what it costs....

So my husband and I are currently getting quotes on home insurance. While on the phone with the agent, I learned our previous policy, which DH got without me really paying attention to the itemizations, had my all of my quilting fabric listed as approx. $100 value. DH turned to me and said, "Well this policy is about 5 years old, and I know you've bought more since then. What would you say it's at now, $200? $250?" I just looked at him blankly while my mind raced...tell him the TRUTH? Egads!?!?! I mean, I am normally all for 100% honesty in a relationship, but this is surely an exception to that rule? :wink:

It pained me, it really did, but since this is for insurance purposes and I know it will just come back to somehow bite me in the butt if I don't tell the honest amount (i.e. flood in basement where fabric is, fire, etc...) I told him "try closer to $2,000-$3,000 and that's being conservative." He and the agent (male/non-quilter obviously) were speechless. Now I have to send him pictures and any receipts I may still have to prove it, LOL.

Just thought I'd share that funny story with you all....so how much would your sig. other say your stash is worth? What's the "real" $ amount? :)

Tanesha