Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
So Nancy, is mine a 27? Or a 127? I did find the info that me decals are "Tiffany" (aka Gingerbread)... but my bobbin winder is not as high as your 127, so now I am not sure?

BTW, where can I get ahold of Billy's cleaning tutorial? and what did you use to recondition your wood cabinet? I was thinking Murphy's or one of the orange-smelling oils (cannot remember the name, Orange-Glo or something like that)? I did locate a belt, not sure if $13.95 is a decent/cheap/expensive price for the belt? And PLEASE tell me you'll all be able to help guide me in rethreading the belt & bobbin winder -- there is a shoelace holding the BW together at the moment :)

With my two youngest into engineering, they want to try to help clean her up and make her run... 12-y.o. daughter is totally psyched, said "we can still sew if the power goes out!" Got a chuckle outta me :)
Yes, I always tell my DH that I can sew even without power -- he thinks I am so funny!

I haven't had to pay more than $10 for the belts, I get them from my local sewing repair shop. I have 7 treadles and love them all. The Model 27 pictured on page 357 has a bobbin winder down low. I also have a Model 127 pictured on page 469 with the bobbin winder where yours is. The only difference between the 27 and the 127 is the bobbin winder's location.

Clean your cabinet, treadle irons and all with Scotts Liquid Gold. If you do a search of tutorials here, you will find Billy's cleaning tutorials -- that is what I used to clean up my machines, cabinets, and treadles.

Putting on the belt is no big deal, when I run out of the clamps to hook the belt together my DH uses cut and bent paper clips.

Welcome to the world of treadles -- once you get hooked you will never want to go back!

Nancy