View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
klgreene

Originally Posted by klgreene
LOL I have tried most of these suggestions. I have medium oak color floors, I've used actually, vinegar/water/alcohol mix, equal parts (I use this mix on my windows and mirrors, no streaks), my Shark Steamer which is what I really thought would work. It cleans them, just streaky. Pledge wood floor cleaner. The only thing that I haven't tried is to dry them right after they are cleaned, so I guess I'll have to try that. Right now, with the sun not shining on them, they look gorgeous since I cleaned them this morning. I'll just have to keep trying.
Ok, ok, ok, I have this senior moment every time I do windows. Vinegar/water/alcohol mix actually does work very well. But I keep using Alcohol/water/amonia Not Vinegar. And that makes a huge difference. They both stink, so I just went and got my window cleaner bottle and yep, it had amonia. So I dumped it out and made a fresh batch. Tomorrow I'll try the vinegar mix and I bet it'll work. But I am going to get a microfirber cloth to dry them with and see if that works. The alcohol in this mixture is to help it dry fast. I have an artificial leg, and I use alcohol on the sleeve to put it in the leg because it dries FAST. I am my own worst critic with my cleaning, and if I am going to bust my butt, I want perfection. Which is why I don't clean often LOL. So thanks for all your responses. And now I need to put VINEGAR on my grocery list. I just used the last of it.