Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Randa

The machine in question is a NVF, looks just like the last one on the second link with all the same decals but doesn't look anything at all like those on e-bay....anyone know how I can take a pic from my e-mail to post on here? So is there another model other than Rotary, Honeymoon or Silent?
I don't know because I'm still learning. From others sharing their pictures and information on vintage machines here and elsewhere on the net, I have learned about the world of vintage sewing machines. So, I asked to see if your machine was the same as those I have already read about or if this is a new Davis machine that I haven't read about yet. And I asked about the price to see if it was around the amount that I have seen on CL or ebay. I like to wander CL looking at vintage machines when I'm not quilting (another way I have learned and how I found Nancy two machines).
You are very lucky to find this machine. Have fun sewing with it! I have read that it is nice machine for sewing on binding.
I haven't purchased it yet...told the guy I was very interested but needed 3-4 days to think it over. He's about 45 miles from me and I have to pick it up...it's cold here, so not in a hurry, except he's storing it in his garage. So, I won't be able to sew on it cuz it's cold and the belt slips he said. I'm sure the belt is "frozen" and doesn't want to bend. I also haven't talked it over with my husband....he won't mind if he doesn't have to pick it up for me. I could take my son in law, except he works until 5:30 and it's dark. Maybe Saturday....I'll break it gently to DH and see if he's interested in stopping when we will be within 15 miles on Saturday! Cross your fingers for me.