View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
barnbum

It's a Babylock Quest. It has a longer throat area--8.5", which was a huge priority with me. Besides a blanket stitch, a 1/4" foot, and needle down, that's all I wanted. But this came with a lot more. Yikes. The second page of stitches is all alphabet. I've been playing with it and tried some fancy stitches, but a few don't look like they're supposed to. (se photo) I followed the trouble shooting guide, but I couldn't fix them. :? But most look great.

I found a Janome I loved (6240?), it has fewer stiches than this one, but the throat was smaller than the machine I have! This one came with a LOT more features--and was only $100 more than the Janome. It was comparable to the next Janome up, which was $1400--and this one was hundreds less.

I have to say this was an agonizing decision. I visited three shops today, and almost just came home to find a 1/4" foot for my Singer. It's a lot of $$ to pay for the few things I wanted.

Mark was 100% supportive, so I just went ahead and bought it. I can't believe I spent that much and it's not a horse! :shock:

Here it is. Oh--it came with a big clear shelf thing too--it's not in the picture.

Merry Christmas, barnbum. :D

http://www.babylock.com/sewing/quest/
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35115.jpe   attachment-35120.jpe   attachment-35141.jpe