Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

They say confession is good for the soul, so I confess, I have started to work on AOTH!

Tonight I an tracing the blocks on my background fabric. The blocks have been cut for over a month!!! I think I did fairly well not touching them for a MONTH!!!

I am using dressmaker's tracing paper to makr the outlines. You don't need to mark every line as many pieces are laid on top of another piece. Ask me how I figured that one out?

Since I set the schedule up so we could complete a row as we go, we will be starting with the center unit and piece BLock #9 first, then #11 and so on. OK, I scrambled them up a bit! Didn't want to be too predictable, but the rows are one after another, not jumbled with each other. When the center 16 blocks are done, we will assemble them and add the inner borders. I am making my blocks 7", but haven't decided how wide that inner border is going to be, yet. I think I want to add some sort of scallop there, but will have to use pencil & paper to figure it out!

OK, now you have something to mull over. Gotta get of 'puter as DH has a class to teach & needs this one. It seems that when he's on that particular site, having the other puter on the web messes everything up!