Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
My sewing room is set up in a "U" shape (and a rolling chair). I put the cutting table against the wall - it's deep enough for a mat and a squatty bookshelf (lots of storage!). A table-high bookshelf to the left of the cutting table to stack stuff and store my strips/charms. Ironing board is in the middle, in front of the window. Machine has just barely enough room behind it, but I get to stare at my stash closet while sewing! Design wall is on the opposite wall. To me, it's very efficient for the small room I have.
That does sound very efficient and practical... things I totally get and admire. I don't have room for an ironing board, and only put it up when I'm washing/ironing a full load of fabrics or some serious yardage. Instead, I use a flat covered rectangular board, or a ironing mat for most of it. Like someone else also said, we get creative when we have to make do. Someday, maybe I'll be able to use one of the larger bedrooms, but realistically... that ain't happinin any time soon!