View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Sierra

Originally Posted by carolaug
I bought a cutting table at Joannes when it was 50 plus percent off. I love, love it, it folds nicely. I should have bought two of them. It would be perfect. I paid 39.99 after coupons...its not on sale now....http://www.joann.com:80/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd830869
I also got the joann's tables when they were on sale... but after buying 2 my dh insisted we get 2 more. 4 is perfect for me. I share my quilting room with a ping pong table and five kids and their "crafty" mom (dad has a shop down stairs). When I'm not here for a bit, or between quilts, I fold up two or three of the tables and they take about 1'x3' space and they get pushed aside. I usually leave my sewing machine up on the fourth table, leaving it open for safety reasons. They go up in minutes, are on wheels that lock (sort of) and I've even drawn lines on their white surface to help me square my quilts.

Right after I got these 4 wonderful and indispensable tables I read some awful reviews about them closing because the holder for the swing-out legs didn't hold the legs in place and they "wing" of the table would fall. I'd noticed that also, and had put velcro on the top of the swing mechanism and in the holding bracket and never have had a problem.

I also spent some years crawling on the floor (using gardening knee pads) but, hey, I'm older now and absolutely love my tables. Put together they are about 10' by 6'... a very good size! Now I kin quilt lak a ladee.

Sierra
:thumbup: