View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Lori S

I agree wit the others that you are cutting too small. when you are learning it is so important to give your self a large margin of error when cutting the pieces. One trick I learned that helped me to overcome the too small to cover mistake . .. is hold the paper up to the light and flip the fabric to where it will fold over when done.... this helps you to keep from making a error in the size and placement. Place the printed side toward you so you can see the stitch lines . I found it very helpful in teaching me to get the "flip" concept and train my brain to visualize the peice when its folded over for the next piece. I did this alot when I started , and still do it when its been awhile since my last paper peiced project. I also do it to check before the next piece to just make double sure I got it .
When learning PP... give yourself much bigger pieces. when I first started I did not want to cut the larger preices as it was going to waste too much fabric. But I finally gave mself permission since the cost of the mistakes was getting in the way of success.