View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:24 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I've been looking around for a Singer 15 in decent shape that is within my price range. Isn't it amazing how many NON sewers have sewing machines for sale? They must either find them in grandma's estate or pick them up at garage sales or something, because most of the people selling have no idea what they are talking about! Getting vital information out of them is like talking to an alien.

I found a listing on Craigslist, but the lister couldn't say what the model was. So I asked him to email me some pictures. Well, he didn't know how to upload pictures... but would send some in the mail. I told him before he went to that trouble, try and find the serial # for me. So he emails me back the number on the motor! Okay, send the photos of the machine, I say... Yesterday I got the envelope in the mail and in it was ONE (1) photo of a machine cabinet with the machine tucked inside, out of sight! How dense is that??? I am frustrated and giving up on this guy.

The other thing that drives me crazy is sellers offering a video of the machine running, and when you watch it they either just step on the pedal, full speed, with no thread or fabric in the machine, or they have a piece of fabric set up and just let it run through with no hands guiding it! Obviously, not a sewing person. I shudder to buy from these people because in their ignorance they probably have hurt the machine.

Thanks for letting me vent!