Thread: Lesson Learned
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:30 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

my viking is one of the pickiest machines i've ever dealt with...it is soooooo picky about threads and it took me forever to learn when all is going wrong, and i've cleaned the machine...i've changed the needle ive adjusted tension all over the place...finally change the dog-gone thread and all the problems go away.
i have bought $18 cones of thread from quilt booths at shows to get it home and find no matter what i try it will not work in my machine....ive bought cheap thread...that will not work i've bought lots of cotton thread...it is the one i have the most trouble with...even with the quilting machine cotton thread sucks...i have a whole box of threads that are pretty much worthless for machine work in my house...so i use them for hand projects...and when any of the girls need thread i send them some of mine...their machines have their own quirks different from mine... once you find the thread that works best in your machine hopefully it will be available in lots of colors. it took me years but i finally purchased thread from connecting threads and so far LOVE THEM :thumbup: the past 3 months (since that first order) have been a joy to sew! the big machine is so grateful it even sounds better with the new thread...my viking has been 'behaving' nicely...and i have been placing orders every month to get more and more colors :thumbup: