Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
sgardner

My placement is a function of my room. My sewing area is a corner of my basement. The cast iron stove is at my back, and I have 2 walls in the opposite corner. I bought a L shaped desk to fit in the corner, and then a shelved cabinet on wheels to go next to it, which I quickly figured out could be pulled out on an angle so that it forms a semi-circle around me. i had originally thought I would slide it beneath the table, but I like it much better as a cutting station. Picture clockwise my sewing machine, my iron, my cutting station, and lots of spaces around to set the pieces as I make them. I have a swivel chair, and I reach everything from the same seat. I even added a stood to continue the semicircle, to hold my laptop for music or Hulu-TV shows to entertain me while I work. It's so cozy and "my space". So, my cutting "table" isn't a table at all, just the top of a cabinet, and it's not against a wall nor is it in the middle of the walkway. It's a little small for a cutting surface (only 18x24) but it works perfectly for my small space and set up, and I am happy with it.