Old 01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Kathy, I have been soooooooooo good and not started and then you beat me to it! I hoestly don't know if I can hold out and not start until June though, but I am resisting at the moment.

I think the crunch time might come if I get to go to the UK in the spring, because I won't be able to take my wholecloth (if I go, I will fly), so a few blocks of AOTH would be more lightweight to take.

Blinky, about half of what I want to use are batiks, and the other half are a set of Fusions fat quarters, because they came in the colours my FQ set didn't have - you can applique with anything from silk up, as far as I am concerned, though velvet might be harder, LOL.

What method are you thinking of using to applique? After all, there is hand work (needleturn or buttonhole), then by machine you could use satin stitch, buttonhole stitch, or even raw edge applique.

Kathy, if you use fusible stuff under everything, it will make your blocks fairly stiff. Have you considered small dots or a fine bead of Elmer's school glue? You can heat set it with an iron to hold everything in place, then it washes out with a good soak at the end. (Sharon Schamber uses this method all the time, and you know how she wins everything in site!) It make blocks a lot softer than using fusible products, even the lite ones.