Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM
fabricluvr

Originally Posted by ThomasR

fabricluvr, Moonpi, jstitch, mic-pa - Thanks for the Janome recommendation. It seems that the Kenwood (Sears) are made by Janome. Would you recommend getting the Kenwood or would the Janome be a better bet?
Thomas, you might want to take a peek at the Sears website. most of the machines there have ratings. more than likely they'll have some of the same machines in the store. i see five star ratings on several of their machines. i would love to have the Kenmore computerized with 215 stitch functions! it has 49 ratings with an overall of 5 stars! i'm getting ready to make a crazy quilt and i'll be limited on the number of decorative stitches i have, even with two different sewing machines.

i suspected Kenmore was made by Janome but i wasn't certain until reading it here. while mine isn't a Kenmore, the price i paid for it at Sears was WAAAYYYY less than the sewing machine store down the street for equivalent features (my neighbor bought one similar and paid $200 more for it). they are willing to service it for me, even though their nose gets a little out of joint when they see it is a model from Sears. a long-winded way to answer your question about Kenmore vs. Janome. :D

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...&gobutton=find