Thread: Tube quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 PM
grammy17

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
How many fabrics did you use?

How many strips of each fabric?
Ok guys! Best of my recollection,

12 fabrics-44 in wide. cut one 4" strip from each. (Now you see how you can make so many from the same fabric.)

Line 'em up till they look good to you. cut to 4' X 22" Easier to handle. Sew the strips together on the long side now all 12 sewn together until you have a tube.

fold the tube and cut 1 3/4" strips from it cutting across the ends of the fabric. My quilt has 20 narrow strips.

1.) Open the first tube strip at any sewn line. Say red on top. 2.) Next strip move the red half way down the top red and cut the color above it in half--green. 3.) Open the next one at the top of a green. 4.) Move the next green one half the green block down. Making 5.) white on top.

AT the top you will have a whole and a half of each color all the way across. When you finish with the first strips do the same to the others. then put it together.

This is fast because except for opening the tubes, you are sewing strips together. I put three different sized borders on mine.

Hope this is helpful to those who asked. I'll be glad to answer any questions if I can.

Line 'em up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153458.jpe   attachment-153459.jpe