View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Carol Carter

I am starting to research long arm quilting machines and will probably look into a Tin Lizzie, Lennie, or Liberty. I have shops within 90 miles that sell these LA. Very limited to what is available locally since I live in south Alabama. I should be able to trial run these machines. If anyone knows of any other dealers with 150 miles, please let me know.

I am using a gracie frame with a bailey machine but I am having a lot of problems with the bearings on the wood carriage. My DH worked on it and it was moving freely for a week but is getting tight again. I emailed the company about purchasing new wheels and was disappointed that they emailed me back that they had a new metal carriage I could purchase. Did not answer my original question. I use this machine for stipple meandering. I have not done much other in the way of free motion quilting.

I am ready to branch out and try something that will give me more artistic freedom.

My question is about wood vs metal frames. Is one better than the other?

Please feel free to give me any advice or input on the LA purchase as well. Thanks in advance.