Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
j-mae

Location: Born & raised in Upper Micigan, transplanted to central Wisconsin the last 35 yrs.

This is not unusual to me. A yr ago July I had a house fire, it started from the outside right at the area where the closet is that all my life time stash of fabric was stored. Yes, ALL MY FABRIC. :-(
When the restoration people came and I was washing all of the fabric with the chemicals they gave me, used to get out the smoke smell, they looked at me and asked me just how much fabric did I have there? I told them all I had been collecting my entire life. Many of the pcs were from my Grandmother!
When the insurance adjuster asked me how much it would cost to replace it all, and I said at least $3,000. he said "NO WAY"! Well, I asked him to set up an appointment with me so we could meet at JoAnn's. I took samples of each pc of fabric, recorded the yardage, and while at JoAnn's I found the equlivent pc of fabric and yardage. Took off 20%, as I don't buy at full price. He added up close to $6,000 worth of fabric at todays prices. Well, now that might open your eyes up a bit more as to what you actually have there...