Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Rose_P

Many years ago when my husband happened to ask what I spent on something I answered ''Less than a round of golf.'' He didn't ask that question again. He grumbled more recently about the price of a (wonderful) used serger I bought at a garage sale, until I told him what it would cost new, which incidentally, was probably about what his golf club membership costs - every single month. And I paid only a fraction of that. And then I bought several sets of 4 spools each of the thread for it, along with several other things, and of course fabric... The less said about spending on a day-to-day basis the better, and as someone else pointed out, it's really no big deal as long as you're not going into debt for it.

I really appreciate this reminder about insurance. There are quite a number of things that have gone up a lot in price in recent years and might need another look for itemization. I don't have an especially big fabric stash and only (!) 3 sewing machines, but I'm a dabbler and have stashes for several other hobbies, too. Having to account for it all might be the incentive I need to cull the things I haven't used in several years. I used to do quite a bit of counted cross-stitch, but haven't crossed one of those stitches since the ring pillow for my son's wedding - 14 years ago!