View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Lori S

[quote=luvspaper I have bought one of JN's and one Be Colourful for close to $40, but that is very rare. I prefer a price point around mid-teens. I don't mind copying my own pages because I can do it as I go along. Which means I can spread out the cost a bit.

I know the Be Colourful one I bought is one where she did NOT give good directions and it is one where some of the pieces will not copy well.....frustrating when you pay that much. It is also confusing about how much of what colors you need. I think part of it has to do with a language barrier. I am actually thinking of selling it because of those reasons.

Good luck! I'd love to see more of your work![/quote]

Interesting you refered to the Be Colourful , there are several designs ... but after having suffered through one , and I am not a beginner by any definition, I did a bit of homework. Since I was so ....dissatisfied. The designer does not speak English , it is a Dutch designer , her husband does the translations. That explained alot. I e-mailed them and listed the improvements to be more user freindly. I did get a response but ... it summed up "we are working on it". I thought I had seen it all but when I read one of the yardage requirements it just said... "lots" that has stuck with me as one of the... I can not believe you would sell me a pattern that just used the term "lots" for a fabric requirement. This is why I am cautious about self published patterns.