Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks Kathy, glad to know its still June start date. You know I pulled the book out to look at the designs again and find that they are not doing a lot for me. I love the quilt when its all put together, but the actually blocks are not doing it for me for some reason I liked it when I first saw it but have gradually gone off it.
Now, with everyones ok for me to do this, can I do another quilt and work along with you all. This way I will get something I really want.

Elle
I know where you're coming from. When I saw the blocks in the book - my reaction to many of them was "yuk!" I think it's the actual fabrics she chose for them. I find some of them way too busy for my style. I'm using batiks, but they are more of the blender style, not a lot of busy prints. I don't do busy printed anything.

Even the walls of my home are white - makes for great quilt hanging spaces! Long halls become galleries!

Are you still thinking of cream for your background? I think that would be lovely. Are you using all colors or limiting yourself?