View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:33 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I have 6 and a serger. But if I start a project on one I like to fininsh the project on the same machine is that not wierd?
Actually, that is how I was taught. The seam allowances from machine to machine can differ.

I once made quilt blocks on a serger at the shop where I bought my serger. I used the fabric guide (extra purchase) on the machine in the classroom. Went home and put same guide on exact same model of serger (I'm positive it didn't get bumped or moved) and when I started putting the blocks together ... the seam allowances were not the same and, of course, the fabric is cut away with a serger.

Wouldn't you just know it ... the majority of the blocks were bigger than the ones from class and I had to sew on the sewing machine extra seam allowance on each block to get them to match.

Needless to say, this is a major UFO in my closet from 1994! I ought to pull it out and just make something with the bigger blocks and have it be less than queen size. I'll have to go back and see how many blocks I'm talking about.

BTW I went back and measured the classroom machine?? The hole for the screw that holds on the attachment was not the same distance from the needle as my exact same model!