Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
My cutting/sewing table is accessable from 3 sides. Sometimes I find it necessary to go around to the other side to cut. I'd say set it up and try it out first. Move things around if you're able if they aren't in the configuration that works for you.

Kwendt: Your table and mine are about in the same arrangement in the room. I do use a 4 drawer plastic rolling cart with a portable press surface on it to my right, when I'm piecing and needing to iron. But if you like to actually get up and take your items to the other side to press, that's fine too. Whatever works out for each of us.
I love change, so I move things around a lot. I have a printer cart on wheels that fits under the middle section of the Horn-hidden (it holds WIPs). On the top are two cutting mats-one a flat, the other a square twisty/turny thing. I can wheel it around if I want. I've just not done so yet. Admittedly, I've only had my room finished about a month or so.

It seems that many of us have small rooms, similar in size. Of course, there are others like CJ (I'm so jealous!) that have huge(er) rooms or multiple rooms, and some folks that are in a smaller space/using a corner of another room, etc. It's been really interesting to see how people make use of space... I've found some great ideas from you all! Many thanks!