View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:26 AM
IBQLTN

Years and years ago, when I was learning to crochet, I was practicing the double crochet stitch by just doing rows and rows of dc. Well, my little doggie started laying in my lap, on the crocheted part, while I was trying to work on it. So, I just made it big enough to be his 'blankie'. That little guy would lay in front of the washer and dryer until his blankie was clean! Any time we wanted to get him in the car we'd just pick up his blankie and he'd follow us anywhere.

He was sew cute! I miss that little guy! He was a scrawny terrier mix and sometimes he'd not eat for a day or two and then eat two bowls the next day. (We always kept food down for him.)

I think he was so skinny because he would take his food, one piece at a time, throw it as far as he could, run all around it then grab it, throw it back into the kitchen, bat it around bouncing it off the cabinets and and then, finally, eat it. He did this with every single piece of food!

Dogs are just like people -- each one uniquely made. The major difference between us and them is is not opposible thumbs. It's that they love unconditionally and are always 'happy' to see you!