View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I'm in the process of re-doing my sewing room & I need some ideas on what to do with my rulers & mats (the smaller ones with handles). I currently have them hanging from picture hooks, which I like, but the hooks are barely big enough. Was wondering about a pegboard, like what my husband uses in the garage for his tools. It would have to be painted & prettied up though if it was going in my sewing room lol.

So what do all of you do? If you have pictures, that would be great. Thanks!
I bought a sheet of pegboard and painted it the same color as the the walls.I looked for white hooks and couldn't find them so I bought the silver ones and spray-painted them white.Make sure you attach the pegboard to your wall studs and then you can get the the other little trays and stuff to hang and keep it right where you can reach it, and at the same time your work surface is wide open.You can get the hanging trays and acessories in the bathroom and kitchen aisle instead of office products.They will cost a lot less and be prettier. Anyway that's how I did mine. The size of the pegboard I have is 3'x6' and every inch is used. I have a corkboard that I keep little pieces of fabric and the quilt pattern in a notebook page protecter I'm working on so I won't forget anything or lose it.Everyone has their own way of doing stuff. You'll get some great tips on here and I know you will have some great ideas of your own. Just think outside of the box.A lot of things I use for quilting don't come from the quilting or sewing dept.