View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
zzzGP
Banned

I think I’m ruined!!! :)

I made my first visit to a ‘real’ LQS yesterday and was just mesmerized. It is called Sew-Bee-It http://www.sew-bee-it.com/ in Ringgold, GA, just over the Georgia border from Chattanooga. I had been conversing with a board member, bob1414, about Batik fabric. I researched her suggestions and one led me to this store. My first exposure to the quilting world was at a Wal-Mart store, then I found Hancock Fabrics, and then a JoAnn’s opened here in Chattanooga a couple of months ago. Now Sew-Bee-It has entered my quilting adventure; wow…the difference! When I entered the store, I felt like I had entered another world.

I had several very nice ladies who actually waited on me, answering my ‘newbie’ questions, and genuinely wanting to really help me. I arrived close to closing time but they willingly stayed opened for me. They explained thing well and were very encouraging. And the choice of fabrics was…what’s the word…well, extensive. I love batiks and the owner, Gloria Black, told me they recently completed inventory and had over 450 different batiks in stock; I love it! So much to choose from, run your fingers over it, try not to drool; and there was so much more. (I guess you can tell I'm a newbie! :lol: )

I had a very wise man who told me one time that “something is good or bad only by comparison.” Well, I’ve now compared and it will be hard to go back; I will, of course…I have to, but with a whole different perspective. My disability income certainly is more than limiting but I’m definitely rethinking quality over quantity, especially when I think of future quilts for my family and friends. My quilting experience is certainly an adventure…and so much fun!

My thanks to “Sew-Bee-It” for your warm welcome on my first visit to a LQS…