Thread: walker bag
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
bluteddi

Fast and Easy...

http://quiltinglibrary.blogspot.com/...o-made_05.html

I used walker bag # 5 for my original pattern.

You will note the pattern calls for " sturdy fabric" . I had a light wt cotton blend fabric.

So I twice as many of all pattern pieces.

For the 13x8 pockets, I sandwiched some light wt stabilizer between layers of the pocket fabric and lightly quilted it. I did this for both pockets. I added a band of color to the top edges, as binding. ( no need to bind sides or bottom)

The main body piece , ( 24 x 13) I also cut 2

Once I had all my pieces quilted, and embellished ( in my case, I used my emb machine)

I then sandwiched everything.I'll list as I laid the layers down>

1 light wt stabiler if desired ( 24x 13)

1 main body ( 24x13)

place pockets at each end with tops facing towards center

1 main body ( 24x13)

then I stitch all the way around , leaving a 4 inch or so area open, between the pockets was easist.

Turn right side out, taking care to turn both pockets to the same side ( easily fixed if u get one on one side and one on the other.. just flip it to the other side)

I chose to double stitch on of the pockets down the middle to form 2 small pockets

the other pocket I left open, enabling a newspaper or magazine to carried.

Don't forget to top stitch the area between the pockets , catching the open seam area to completely close ur seams.

Again , the pattern called for velcro, I do not feel velcro holds up well in the long run so I used heavy no sew snaps. One on each side about the pocket....as picktured.

tada!!!!! u have a walker bag!

hope this is clearer than mud!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154384.jpe   attachment-154385.jpe