Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
ctack2

I went to my local Hancocks the other day just to browse. I had 2 bolts of fabric in my buggy and was looking at the Christmas clearance table of fabric. This nicely groomed, middle age woman walked up to me and said "I just got these 2 cut and they haven't put them back out here if you're interested."
Then she pointed at my buggy and said "What are you making with those?"
I told her I didn't know. She said "Oh, you're one of THOSE!"
She walked around to the other side of the table and said "What are you going to do with all that fabric when you die?" Then she said "I'm donating mine to the seniors that sew. I haven't put it in writing yet, but that's what I'm going to do."
Here comes the wierd part -- I was walking down the center aisle, and she was standing in one the short aisles, and when I passed, she said "Humph, she's got 2 bolts of fabric and doesn't even know what she's going to do with it!"
OMG - what a wack-o! I told the ladies at the cutting counter when I finally went up there, with many more than 2 bolts! - and they were shocked. Told me I should have come to one of them when it happened. Said they don't people in there like that making their customers uncomfortable.
Makes me wanna go running back in there! lol
Carol B