View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:42 AM
davidwent

Originally Posted by Mattee
I'll agree here too. Sometimes the best way to help is to not help, if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by Newby0709
Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
I agree with Up North. The perfect place for Son is the couch. Evidently he is of mature age to have lived on his own for two years. It would also be the needed constant reminder that he needs to make further education or better job hunting a priority in his life. In the meantime, the sewing room stays where it is, and used regularly! You'll be doing him the ultimate favor of love. In my opinion, of course. You must love him very much and want to help in any way you possibly can. I would too; being a parent, I totally understand.
I too am a parent of grown sons. The more comfortable you make it, the longer they stay. Keep the feathers in the nest ruffled, in love. Have many reminders of the inconvenience to you. LOL
I agree, back in 1980 when I came out of the AF I moved back in with my parents. They let me sleep on the pull out sofa in the "den"(my old room)and gave me just enough closet space for essential clothes. It really kept me motivated to get a job and get out. It tool about a month and a half.
David