Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Jill

I try to understand that sometimes people are lonely or have medical reasons that they say or do the type of thing you're talking about. However, I don't particularly like it when someone asks me what I'm going to make with the fabric I have selected. Another thing I've noticed is when I'm checking out with groceries clerks will ask what I'm going to make or the comment the other day "well, I'll be at your house for dinner tonight because you're making vegetable soup."

A couple of years ago there was a woman ahead of me paying for her fabric she'd had cut. I live in Ohio and there is a big football rivalry between Ohio State and University of Michigan. I have a son who is a Michigan fan and I had fabric to make him a wall hanging. She started talking in a very loud voice and pointed at me for being a "traitor." I was so shocked, being that we were in a quilt shop, but I managed to reply that "you know, it's only a football game." She muttered something else and everyone just looked at me shaking their heads.