View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Lori L

For Christmas, I received a gift of dog print fat quarters......from of course, my 3 dogs. I decided to use the fabric to make them a covering for their dog mattress (which is actually a 75yr old mattress which belonged to my 94yr old Grammie Bun) My family thought I was crazy but I thought it came out pretty ) I'm going to insert elastic at all 4 corners in the style of a bottom sheet to keep it secured.

I've also been busy making a quilt for my son (who felt very neglected that he didn't receive a quilt for xmas) He requested a "Rasta" quilt, which I didn't have a clue what that meant :) After investigating on the net......I discovered "Rasta" refers to the use of green, yellow and red in the colors of Jamaica (go figure!) I decided to use a fence and rail pattern and couldn't believe how quick it was to whip up a quilt top! He was thrilled with the result :)
Lastly.......I recently repainted my daughters room (from flourescent lime green to pale lavender.......God awful mess....don't ask!) I decided the room needed a quilt in purple hues and used a bento box pattern.
That's it for now......next, I've got some beautiful fabrics in shades of peach and brown and I'm going to use them to make my first log cabin quilt. From there I plan on attempting a bargello wall hanging. I think these projects ought to keep my busy for awhile :)

Dog mattress covering
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154866[/ATTACH]

Rasta quilt for my son
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154867[/ATTACH]

Purple room quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154868[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154861.jpe   attachment-154862.jpe   attachment-154863.jpe