Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM
PrettyKitty

Hello you lot!

Thought you might like to see pics of my latest baby quilt. This is quilt number three for me, I am slowly building up my portfolio!

This one is for baby Lewis on his first birthday on the 25th Nov. He is the baby of Greg and Rachel, friends that my brother and I have known for a long time.

I chose bright fun fabrics because Lewis is such a cheerful, happy little lad, and so cheeky too. I got all the fabrics from eBay, except the binding and backing. I love eBay! It was all very cheap.

I’m pleased with it, a few hiccups along the way but not that you’d notice I hope. It’s the first time I’ve tried anything other than straight line quilting. I used a stencil for the border, I’m please with how it came out. I think I am almost ready to have a go at free motion quilting, just need to buy a foot and put together some practice pieces.

I used an indelible laundry marker pen for the label (set it with a dry iron), anyone else tried using laundry pens for labels? It says it’s indelible and is designed to be washed so I’m hoping it will last. I’m going to wash the quilt on Sunday, so have not sewn the label to it yet, but will pin it in with safety pins to see how the ink holds up. If it looks like it fades I will go buy a pigma pen and do a new label.

Anyway, hope you like it! I think the cats do!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34971.jpe   attachment-34984.jpe   attachment-34989.jpe