Old 01-06-2011, 10:11 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by petpainter
Oh no, I didn't mean I would get rid of the featherweight! Silly me worded that wrong! She's on my sewing :dresser" so I can just look at her every day and dust her! It's the one in the cabinet. I would keep all the featherweights I could find and even shelve them...not sure if I even have wall space left, but I'd work it out LOL!
Sally
To keep your 15-91 or not is the question. The answer is YES! Why, for FM quilting or straight-stitch quilting. The harp space is larger than most modern machines (which makes it wonderful to quilt large quilts), makes a beautiful straight-stitch, easy to service (don't need to take it to be serviced), and parts are easy to find at this moment in time. I had two 15-91s. Sold one to a lady who had her FW, but wanted a 15-91 for quilting just because of the harp space. It could be the next big rage after the FWs. So, the FW will be the machine to take to classes, and the 15-91 will be the at home machine. Stop dusting that FW and start using it- you will love the stitches.

Forgot to mention that it will sew through almost anything! Sews through leather and great for hemming jeans.