Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by Cupcake
Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Originally Posted by steelecg
The back is squares of your background fabric - what is different is that on the front you add windows of color? Also since there are four layers plus the windows this is a heavy quilt. I thought about making one for my bed, but I decided to do something that I could left. I do plan on making a good size wall hanging to go over the bed. I question the suitability of this pattern for a baby since it is so heavy??
Thanks! I knew it was the background fabric, I was curious as to how it looked when its all finished and stitched together :) Anyone have a close up pic?
I will show you my test pieces when I was learning the pattern. I machine quilt so my stitches show through on the back. I can't speak on hand quilting it but I suspect the back would be solid squares. Maybe some of our hand quilters will show the back side of theirs.

I would be interested in a close up photo as well :)
Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154926[/ATTACH]

Back side of the squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154977[/ATTACH]

This is the back side of the one on the machine now. The windows are not sewn yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154995[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154921.jpe   attachment-154972.jpe   attachment-154990.jpe