Thread: Camera choices
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Kas

Well, I used to have a Fuji Finepix that took great photos if you had enough light. Let me be clear...the kitchen with all the lights on at night was not enough light for it to focus. At Christmas we used to have to set up shop lights all around the room so that it would be able to focus. So this summer before MIL & FILs 50th anniversary, DH got me a Nikon D90. It is the middle of their line. One of my considerations for getting this one over the similar Canon T2i was the lens options. It will take old Nikon lenses that have the Autofocus feature or ones without. But with the ones that don't have AF, you will have to do it manually. I absolutely love it. I am a lover of film, but this digital just might win me over (maybe!). It wasn't cheap, though. We bought it from Walmart.com in a package deal and saved several hundred bucks. And you really only need one battery, two maybe. I have had the same one in the camera shooting all day and night and even left the darn thing turned on all night. The battery lasted almost a week with all that shooting.