View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM
dreamer2009

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Of course I had insomnia so I turned on the tv and they were showing 3 different episodes of "Storage Wars" - I THINK its called. Anyway - these men go to storage lockers and bid on it and alot of times they REALLY make out good.....I fell asleep FINALLY and there I was, by storage lockers, and they opened it up and SCREAM!!!!It had sewing machines and about 50 BIG totes of fabric along with so many different sewing things!

I TRIED to contain myself - the men looked and were NOT impressed, so I took my time and bidded $50. They wanted to run up the bid but I ended up paying $300 for the ENTIRE contents!, ahhhhhhhhh.............THEN I woke up! %$#@! DARN it was only a DREAM!!
I JUST LOVE this show.
There was a couple a few miles away from me that ran a garage sale...fabric...I went early as usual.
Bolt after bolt of fabric being sold cheaply by the bolt.
I'm the 1st person there as it ends up being $1.00 a yard.
I am pulling bolts so fast and tossing them onto a table...it was so funny. As I'm doing this I ask where they got all of this. They had been on vacation in Montana I think and believe it or not it was a STORAGE LOCKER SALE. There were 2 units of all bolted fabrics...cotton and flannels. They only bought 1 unit. I got about 3/4 of what they had for sale before others started showing up.I was also given a discount for the volume of purchase. I do quilts for abuse shelters and foster kids...LOVED the savings !!