Old 01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Yeah! I knew you would get it working! Great new! It is also good for binding work( that is what I read). So what was the problem that was causing you not to get it to work? I bet it is fun to play with. Have fun!
The problem I think was operator error! I started switching needles, playing with that little knob right behind the head of the machine to regulate the stitch -- re-did all the threading and shuttle. It started to hickup sew, and I kept playing with that stitch regulator knob and it just took off! Now, Betty is in the house. I had to take the cabinet my Model 127 Sphinx was in outside to the garage. I am going to switch my Redeye and the Sphinx in the Redeye cabinet to which ever one I want to use! I guess, I will get like Billy and just keep the cabinets that are in the best shape and switch heads on the machines that are interchangeable!

I have been playing with Betty all day. She will be great for FMQing -- no feed dogs to worry about, and that vertical feed foot actually acts like a free motion foot (hopping foot) except it also feeds the fabric. It actually will free motion quilt evenly like you are using a stitch regulator because you don't have to disingage the feed!

Nancy