View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
JanTx

Okay - I'm addicted to table runners and my latest project is a runner for a friend's birthday tomorrow. Gave myself almost a week to do it - no problem. BUT I was convinced that runners should be reversible. Why would you make one with a plain back when you could get double duty? As an expert on the subject - I've made exactly one reversible runner - I set off to make a masterpiece.

Did you KNOW that the back has to match the front enough to be quilted the same? Really??? I did think enough to have the same size borders, etc, but one side needed diamonds and the other really needed strips. Gave up on that and pulled out a solid back instead. It's a totally different look, but ... much frustration in the meantime trying to make it work.

What do ya'll do for batting in a runner? I put my thinnest batting in it and it was still too puffy. Felt like you'd have to roll it instead of fold it to store it away. Even pulled out some fleece, but it seemed just as thick. Ended up pulling out all the batting and making it without any.

Before you wonder why on earth I put such a masculine fabric on the back you'd have to see this friend's house - full of deer mounts, leather furniture, very lodge-y looking. Many many years of deer camp with three generations of hunters are in her family story. She'll love it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155252.jpe   attachment-155253.jpe