Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM
BoJangles

[quote=Pins n' Ndls]
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok Trish, Vintagemotif, and Miz Johnny I GOT MY DAVIS VERTICAL FEED TO SEW!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!

Nancy

Happy for you Nancy. Enjoy !
Thank you everyone who has been rooting for me -- I could tell! I feel like a kid in a candy store today with a new toy! I think that is why we all collect these old girls. They are just so much fun to have, they sew so amazingly, they were built to last! Unlike all of today's stuff -- I have a perfect example of that with my very expensive modern machine that is no good now unless I decide to have it fixed for $500 bucks -- and it is only 6 years old! I think I will stick with the old machines. The treasure hunt is so much fun, the refurbishing is a blast, and once you get these thrown out, thrown away, abused machines up and running again -- it is just exhilarating!

Who cares what they are worth to most people -- what they are worth to most people is pretty obvious when we find these old ladies that have been put in barns, outside, whatever. I don't do it for the monetary value. I do it because I love them. I am proud of what they survived. I guess, we need to put some kind of monetary value for insurance purposes, but they have a very high sentimental value to all of us or we wouldn't be doing this. I can't wait till garage sales start again so I can get back into the hunt! It is history, it is our heritage. Besides, it is so much fun!!!!!!

My two cents worth.

Nancy