Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
purrfectquilts

I am sorry your feelings were irritated by the lady's comments. She may have had underlying issues especially since she mentioned Sr. Center (worries about getting old?).

I will say that I had to get used to people asking all kinds of personal questions whenever I go out and about. I originally came from the north, where no one talked to you in the grocery or something. You just got what you wanted and left unless you ran into someone personally acquainted. When we first moved to Tennessee I was in total culture shock. No matter where I went people of all ages talked, asked questions, wanted to know what I was going to do with that, or cook, etc. Now, in GA, they still do that. I am now used to it and chat right back at them. It still offends me sometimes. I had my 4 year old grandaughter for a year .. and we were putting a grocery cart away. A man started screaming at me in the parking lot for letting her push the cart...too dangerous, etc. What? I am right beside her! I just told him to have a good day. And then I had to explain to her that we had not done anything wrong by putting the cart away.