Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
libbyboi

This line of respones reminds me of my dear mom who had a habit of carrying her crochet with her when we went to the mall, she would sit out in the mall and crochet while I did my shopping. I would come back to check on her freq. and see if she had any needs and she would tell me these great tales of how people would sit next to her and just about spill their guts over some problem or other and she would crochet and give little coments. In an hours time she had talked to and listen to about 2 or 3 people and knew everything about them. I would think even their priest did not know some of this stuff. I use to laugh and tell her she should set up an office and charge by the minute. IT is strange how some people seem to invite that type of interaction and others seem to be in their own little world all walled off from others. She never made a harsh remark about anyone and she never saw a baby that she did not tell the mother that it was a beautiful baby. I sometimes think that there are many folks out there that she pointed into a good direction and gave them a little crocheted angel that she was always making and had a bag full of with her.
You did good mom, you let someone in and gave them hope.