Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Barbm

Started quilting 4 years ago. Guess I fell into it, just something I wanted to try. Fell, hook, line and sinker, as they say- gave up other sewing, crocheting, crafts, painting.

First started sewing about 10. Mom put me in front of the machine, she cut out littlest sister's clothes and I sewed. Gram let me experiment on her treadle. Made doll clothes and pants.

Favorite quilt- don't know if I have a favorite. I think it will be the one for DH and my bed, soon to be started. Only 2 more UFOs to finish. For now, it's the first one I made- DS's Irish chain. Made out of $1.00 a yard fabric from Wal-Mart and attached to his denim colored sheet that he didn't use anymore. It's on his bed now, and I love it- it speaks of the progress I've made and the simpleness I love. I know it won't last forever, but at that time, I was "test driving" quilting and didn't want to invest in too much stuff if I didn't stick with it.

Now, 4 years later, I have 4 tubs of stash and 2 under bed tubs of scraps (my favorite thing) and I invested in a good machine. So I think I'm in it for the long haul!

Barb