Old 01-07-2011, 08:40 PM
fyrefly

Well, I guess I have lurked around here long enough, so I guess I need to introduce myself.
My name is fyrefly. I have been quilting on and off for almost 18 years! Grew up (teen years) around the quilt shop in Connecticut, then move to South GA soon after getting married. I have been a misplaced Yankee for 20 years! I do love our area, except for the lack of quilt/fabric shops!

I found your forum while researching getting a treadle machine. (You all have been great on info. Thank you) Found a machine, but hubby said the guy changed his mind and didn't want to sell. Guess what was waiting for me Christmas morning?! The 1890-1901 New Home treadle (model A type 3, I believe)! All cleaned up, oiled and ready to go. My boys had worked hard to get "her" all cleaned up and my girls made sure she was ready to sew.

I am in the proses of piecing a french braid scrappy quilt. Top should have been done, but my 8 month old doesn't like to share Mamma's time with anyone or anything! There are some days where he sits on my lap while I work my little treadle. He enjoys that!

Well, I look forward to meeting you all! Thank you again for sharing your info, and time!