View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by luvspaper
It is also confusing about how much of what colors you need. I think part of it has to do with a language barrier. I am actually thinking of selling it because of those reasons.

Good luck! I'd love to see more of your work!
Before you put down someone because of the language barrier or the "lost in translation" theory, how about contacting the designer?
Have you been to her website to see if any corrections to that pattern have been made?

I can't tell you how frustrating it is as a shop owner to have a customer come in and start complaining about how bad a pattern was, and when I asked them if they contacted the designer or checked the website, they look at me and say NO, YOU should have done that before you sold it...WHAT...I just order the patterns, I don't test them alll!
But I have found that over the years it pays to go the website and check for updates/corrections!
Point in fact. A very popular designer put out a collection of patterns 2 years ago...one of those that when you bought all of the patterns it cost you about $120.00 PLUS there were embellishing kits adding another $85.oo...OY....and as soon as those patterns were released, the website was posting corrections...simple things really like cutting 5 1/8" not 5 7/8"..but still...frustrating for everyone involved!

Last week I wanted to make a shop sample, I opened the pattern and began reading the direction, I looked over and over and over...and could not figure out how I was to make a 10" frog out of tracing those 2" designs...I finally gave up and said, ok.,,I am 50, blonde and not a college grad, but really, something MUST be missing here...I contacted the designer and found out that only did that pattern not have the 2 pages of pattern pieces, but NONE of the 12 patterns I had ordered had them....talk about upsetting the designer...who now has to track down the last shipments to all of her distributors and find out how many more had missing pages....UGH....

It pays to stop and ask if there is something missing!